Today is a beautiful day...

xXx

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Recipe: Secret Quiche Lorraine

 Yum Yum!
Inspired by Marjolaine's cooking, I made some mini quiche lorraines as a surprise for my parents whilst they were out the other day- hence the 'secret'.
I didn't follow a recipe, I just did what I'd seen her do (and she wasn't following a recipe either!) But the came out just fien and so I thought I'd share the process with you because it's actually so easy that you hardly need a recipe anyway ;) I was going to have step by step photos but I got a little stressed in the kitchen, wanting everything done by the time Mum and Dad came home in order to present to them my masterpieces, and so the finished product is all you're gettin' ;) Enjoy!


Ingredients
Crème fraîche-this makes up the body of the filling so just measure out a little less than you think you will need to fill your case/s. Full fat crème fraîche is gorgeous, but maybe not the healthiest option.  

1 egg- this is the 'setting agent' and I only needed one for six mini quiches, probably could get acouple more out of a one-egg mixture, I wouldn't chance more than eight though, for fear off them not setting correctly.

Bacon pieces- dices or cut-up very small, I used about a handful for this recipe, and smoked is best.

Emmental cheese- grated. A sprinkling. Be careful, this makes it very rich!

Salt (not very much at all due to the saltiness of the bacon) and pepper to taste- plus a pinch of mixed herbs if you fancy.

Plus pastry (I bought ready made, oh the shame!)

Method
All you have to do is mix all the filling ingredients together in a bowl, the bacon pieces must be fried before adding to the mix.

Grease your tart mould/s or dish

Roll out your pastry and line your tart dish (or cut circles out using a glass or another round-rimmed  container to line your mini tart moulds with)

Now add the filling and bake at around 200C (fan ovens) for approx. 30 mins. Do keep an eye on the quiche/s and if the top starts to brown before the pastry feels firm, turn the temperature down a little.

Leave to cool a little before eating. You can enjoy warm or cold. And good luck!

These are just guidelines, as with a lot of things in life, you may have to experiement and find your own preference.

Bon Apetit!

Heidi-V
x

1 comments:

Unknown said...

and may i say, these little quiches were very tasty
nd lovely consistancy, very profresional.can't wait for the next 'suprise' mum x

Post a Comment

Hey ho folkies, nice to hear from ya ;) If you'd like a reply don't forget the check the 'notify me' box :)
x